Funny facts about pizza
· The average pizzeria uses roughly 55 pizza boxes per day.
· We consume around 251,770,000 pounds of pepperonis every year.
· Some popular pizza toppings in Japan are squid and Mayo Jaga (mayonaise, potato and bacon).
· The highest-grossing single-unit independent pizzeria in the nation, Moose's Tooth Pub and Pizzeria, is in Anchorage , Alaska. Its annual sales are approximately $6 million.
· Pizzerias are expected to purchase more than $4 billion worth of cheese annually by the year 2010
· 36 percent of all pizza orders want their pizza topping pepperoni
· 94 percent of Americans eat pizza regularly
· And that is precisely why the top 5 pizza sales days are: Super Bowl Sunday, New Year's Eve, Halloween, The night before Thanksgiving, & New Year's Day
· 93 percent of Americans have eaten pizza in the last month