10 facts about Barbie
1. Barbie® doll has had more than 80 careers — everything from a rock star to a paleontologist to a presidential candidate.
2. Barbie® doll’s first career was a teenage fashion model. (The Original Teenage Fashion Model BARBIE DOLL)
3. Barbie® Goes to College was introduced in 1964.
4. Army Barbie®, introduced in 1992, represented a medic Sergeant enlisted in Desert Storm.
5. The first Olympic athlete Barbie® was introduced in 1975; she is competing again as an Olympic swimmer in 2000.
6. Summit Barbie® dolls were introduced in the 1980s to commemorate the end of the cold war between the U.S. and the Soviet Union.
7. Barbie® doll represented a candidate for President in 1992 and ran again in 2000 with a platform of opportunities for girls, educational excellence and animal rights.
8. The military series of Barbie® dolls, Army, Air Force, Navy and Marine Corps went through approvals by the Pentagon to ensure the most realistic costumes.
9. Barbie® doll represented an astronaut in 1965, 1986 and 1994.
10. In 1997, Share A Smile® Becky® was the first Mattel, Inc. fashion doll introduced with a wheelchair.