5 curiosities of The Mandalorian
1. The Mandalorian takes place 5 years after the events of Episode VI: Return of the Jedi and a quarter of a century before the events we see in Episode VII: The Force Awakens.
2. The context in which everything happens is related to how the New Republic was formed after the Empire signed a peace treaty, something that happened a year after what we see in Return of the Jedi.
3. Favreau confirmed that the idea is to delve into the consequences that the inhabitants of the Galaxy suffered from the defeat of the Empire in those remote places, far from the centers of power and the central battles.
4. Animation director Dave Filoni stated in interviews that the intention of the series, in terms of politics, is to understand that the rebels won and that they are trying to reestablish the Republic ... But this will not be possible for everyone at the same time .
5. One thing is clear: the Empire is not entirely defeated. What's more, now the resistance is imperial and will become the First Order in the future.